This wallet update was put in place to mitigate against potential delays when syncing fresh wallets. Our network has recently seen a large influx of new wallets which, at times, was putting increased load on the existing nodes. This update introduces a more dynamic load balancing across more nodes to solve long sync times.
There are two main issues people have been experiencing and here’s how to solve both of them:
- No connections to the network.
The solution to this is as easy as updating to the latest wallet version (v220.127.116.11).
- Wallet shows it’s synced, but you’re not receiving transactions.
This is because our main seednode experienced an unintentional DDoS because of the large influx of new wallets causing it to halt. Due to how it was configured a lot of people had that node as their only connection and are now on a wrong chain.
Please follow these steps carefully to fix the issue:
- Close your wallet
- Update to v18.104.22.168 of our wallet
- For Windows: navigate to %appdata%/Stratis using the address bar in Windows Explorer
- For OS X: navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Stratis using Finder (Go menu -> Go to Folder)
- In that folder DO NOT remove the wallet.dat file (you should have this file backed up anyway), as that contains all your funds
- Remove all the other files in the folder (again, DO NOT remove the wallet.dat)
- Start your wallet and you should be good to go
This is a good time to take another backup of your wallet.dat file for safe keeping (Not required but backing up your wallet regularly is always recommended )
We strongly advise you to only download from official links provided by Stratis and through official Open Source repository on Github. General information about Stratis wallet can be found here.
Please be extremely careful when installing, operating or otherwise using your wallet. Stratis Group Ltd. is not responsible for any loss or damage to your software in connection to your activities and use of the software.